It is common that a good teacher plays a fundamental role in helping his learners as far as knowledge is concerned, however, he is instrumental in helping the neighbors to know much, so it is in the field of sports, a good coach helps the players to improve on their skills, thus promoting the professional game and the field of sports he coaches.
During 2019-2020 before the COVID-13 pandemic spread to Rwanda, it was a year which was characterized by joy within sports world, most especially among the basketball fans, this was sparked off by the excellent management of FERWABA, by putting in place concrete program regarding the preparation of players, and having quality coaches, as well as the players who were very enthusiastic and thirsty for uplifting their status as far as basketball is concerned. There are so many factors which played a central role promoting this game, among these, we can’t forget the excellent collaboration between FERWABA and different development partners especially Bank of Kigali, as well as the role played by the Giants of Africa which was founded by Mr Masai Ujiri
Despite the fact that different structures united to promote basketball game, we can’t fail to acknowledge the increment of the infrastructure which include modern pitches like the one at Nyamirambo, Rafiki, the pitches which were constructed at IPRS Kigali, and most significantly an excellent house which was constructed at Remera KIGALI ARENA, which is built in Kigali City near Amahoro Stadium, these are some of the factors which have attracted many people thereby enabling the young Rwandan players to play in an extraordinary manner.
Irrespective of those, whenever you talk to players, they attribute their good performance to good coaches, who are well versed with nurturing the talents as well as closely following the very talents. One of the famous national players in the national Team affirms that, if they hadn’t had good coaches, their talents would have faded, however, he pointed out that playing in the national Team is the most fascinating activity, because of the Coach who is excellent, who is collaborative with players , who cares for the young talents too Basket ball is credited for having progressed as far as gender is concerned, both men and women one of the Hoops BBC one of the Girls’ teams which tough in Rwanda says that its Coach who happens to be Mutokambari Moise helped them with regard to boosting their self confidence, and enabling to realize that they too are capable, having coached men’s team for a long time, it implies that he is equipped with wealth of experience, which subsequently enabled him to promote talents within the girls, as he is an expert in promoting talents among the youth
Most players cite the Coaches who assisted them in progressing including Mwiseneza Maxim the assistant Coach of REG BBC, who coaches also in men’s national team, Nkusi Kalim the Coach of APR BBC, as well as being the assistant Coach in the National Team, Bahufite John who coaches IPRS Kigali and others, in this context however, we can’t ignore the contribution of foreign coaches who include Ngwijuruvugo, Mwinuka and others. According to senior players The national Team Coach VLADIMIR BOSNJAK helped them a lot , and apart from the players, there are coaches too who say that they have so far learnt many techniques from in the field of coaching and his mode of behavior which characterize a professional Coach, he is among the people who promoted basket ball in Rwanda, as a result of his exemplary coaching methods and the experience he is equipped with and mutual collaboration with his colleagues, this behavior characterizes a coach who is fit to coach the National Team, a persona of Vladimir Bosnjak.
- The required knowledge a national Coach should be having and the ability of the highest order, because he has the responsibility of assisting the other coaches at the local level, doubtlessly, Vladimir has all these qualities, as of today, he is among the coaches who assists FIBA Europe as far as coaching and transferring knowledge by teaching other coaches.
- Characterized by immaculate collaboration with his superiors: A national Coach is required of, because the entire country focuses on him, due to the national pride, Vladimir is characterized by such mode of behavior, since his commencement in coaching the national Team you will never hear of the problem regarding him and his employers, who are FERWABA and the Ministry of Sports.
- As a result of mutual collaboration with the players: A Coach who is an expert must have an excellent cooperation with his players, so that they may work as a team in order to register victory. Vladimir as a coach, is characterized by these qualities, there are even some players who have contemplated as to what will happen, if he happens to leave as a result of his cooperation with the players, as in most cases he is seen merry making with them, as a parent and his children, where most of the time participates in their parties, as a way of showing them solidarity.
- Professional performance: The national Coach be having professional excellent performance, which are subsequently the criteria to be followed, during recruitment, to Vladimir, there is no skepticism as far as these are concerned, because he coached many different Teams, moreover enabling them to be awarded trophies if he is to be recruited by another Team, there isn’t any doubt as far as his performance is concerned. He coached Iran National Team, and the team managed to qualify for the world cup and they Iranians took the Asian Cup, he also coached China, Gabon, Ivory Coast, Georgia, generally this Coach has an immense expertise as far as coaching is concerned.
- Commanding dignity and respect at work: A national Coach must be commanding respect from many people especially the players, though Vladimir socializes with the players, as well as being humble, if you observe his stature and his age, he is characterized by respect, he is a parent with all the requirements this makes him the darling of all the players
- To be productive and being visionary: The National Coach must be winning cups but most importantly characterized by vision, though Vladimir never won many cups, he however helped Rwanda to qualify for international competitions, managing to win teams which Rwanda had earlier on failed to win, in this case we can mention Girls under 18 years of age managed to win Egypt as a result of the preparations as well as being visionary of building on the Rwandan youth.
- Availing opportunities to players in order to play with foreign teams thus, promoting their professional performance : A good national Coach must uplift the stature (sports wise) the team he coaches and the players must be on the international scene , these were implemented by Vladimir so as to enable the Rwandan players to play on the international scene.
- Striving for the benefits of players: A good Coach always thinks about how his players can emancipate, during COVID-19 Vladimir was ever closer to his players, by submitting to them practices, lessons, so as to help them continue with their practice during the Lock down, this signifies that he is ever thinking about the development of his players.
Although COVID-19 necessitated the cessation of different sports activities, nevertheless, Patriots BBC as well as the National Team both of them have got international competitions they must participate in, under the support of such an excellent coach is ever more needed in the context of uplifting basket ball.